DK IB Collection: PYP
The IB PYP Collection of eighteen books and PYP Lesson Plan are designed by teachers and IB curriculum experts to support educators in the delivery of key PYP topics.
DK's collection of books for the PYP is grouped around the six transdisciplinary themes to foster student agency, transdisciplinary understanding, and international mindedness. These themes include:
- Who we are
- Where we are in time and place
- How we express ourselves
- How the world works
- How we organize ourselves
- Sharing the planet
Each highly illustrated and fact-packed title is perfect for developing ATL skills and key concepts. Details of how we mapped these six themes across the 18 books can be found in the IB PYP Lesson Plan.
Take a Look at the Collection
A vibrant and varied set of 18 titles packed with highly illustrated, visually engaging, and fact-filled pages, this DK PYP collection offers so many benefits for the IB classroom! Selected specifical...GradesIB PYPKindergartenGrade 1Grade 2Grade 3Grade 4Grade 5SubjectSocial StudiesHistoryScienceSEL (Social Emotional Learning)Environmental SciencesArtArtsPersonal, Social and Physical Education
Books included in the PYP Collection
PYP Lesson Plan
This free downloadable lesson plan written in consultation with IB teachers and experts helps educators make the best of the PYP Collection.
The activities are built around the six key learning opportunities found in nonfiction books:
- How to … books help students learn to follow a sequence of instructions
- Pictures and captions offer a visual depiction that helps students retain knowledge, while captions add extra insight
- Table of contents and indexes are helpful when looking for information on a specific topic
- Headings and subheadings help students focus on the main idea or subject
- Timelines give a visual overview of key events
- Special print and glossaries highlight important vocabulary
Download the Free Lesson Plan Below
International Baccalaureate pack for Primary Year ProgrammeGradesKindergartenGrade 1Grade 2Grade 3Grade 4Grade 5IB PYPSubjectSocial StudiesHistoryScienceSEL (Social Emotional Learning)Environmental SciencesArtArtsPersonal, Social and Physical Education