DK IB Collection: DP
This IB Collection is a selection of thirteen books from DK’s Big Ideas series.
The Big Ideas series supports agency-led, independent learning as well as wider reading skills and extended essay (EE) research.
The highly visual books all feature clear writing and simple design to convey complex concepts in a concise manner. In using one series, DP students will find the content easily accessible and digestible due to the consistent format and design.
The collection has been curated as supplementary material around the six subject groups and the DP core principles to support and enhance schools' existing DP curriculums. We also offer a free downloadable lesson plan written in consultation with IB teachers and experts.
Some of the benefits of the Big Ideas books for teachers are that the books can serve the following functions:
- “Grab and go” resources for individual subjects
- Contributions to transdisciplinary units and projects
- Support for the teaching and learning of TOK
- Recommended reading for students seeking internal assessment (IA) and extended essay (EE) topics
The books have been organized in the following groups:
- Language and Literature
- Individuals and Societies
- The Arts
- Philosophy and the Theory of Knowledge
Take a look at the Collection
This brilliant DP collection is a selection of books from DK's Big Ideas series. Ideal for agency-led, independent learning, the Big Ideas series is perfect for deeper and wider reading and for extend...LevelsIB DPYear 12 (KS5)Year 13 (KS5)SubjectPSHE and CitizenshipHistoryScienceEnvironmental SciencesPoliticsGlobal PoliticsSociologyEconomicsBusiness StudiesPsychology
Books included in the DP Collection
DP Lesson Plan
The free downloadable lesson plan has been designed to support teaching and learning of the DP aims and objectives through the use of DK books.
The activities and tasks aim to incorporate DP core principles through:
- Visible thinking tasks (based on Project Zero Harvard Graduate School of Education) particularly emphasised in line with the IB values of fostering student agency, links to ATLs, the learner profile connections, and TOK.
- A “menu” of options for each text to suggest different ways of applying supplementary reading towards their coursework.
- Command terms from each subject’s DP glossary appear in bold as a reminder to students and teachers of key terms students must learn and apply on their assessments and exams.
Download the free lesson plan below
Discover how the DK Big Ideas series of non-fiction books can support the aims and objectives of the DP curriculum. In this 17-page pack, you'll find notes for DP teachers and school librarians and se...LevelsIB DPYear 12 (KS5)Year 13 (KS5)SubjectPSHE and CitizenshipHistoryScienceEnvironmental SciencesPoliticsGlobal PoliticsSociologyEconomicsBusiness StudiesPsychology