DK IB Collection: PYP
The IB PYP Collection of eighteen books and the IB PYP Lesson Plan are designed by teachers and experts to support educators in the delivery of key PYP topics.
The IB PYP book collection is grouped around the six transdisciplinary themes to support teaching and learning, and foster student agency, transdisciplinary understanding and international mindedness:
- Who we are
- Where we are in time and place
- How we express ourselves
- How the world works
- How we organise ourselves
- Sharing the planet
Each highly illustrated and fact-packed title is perfect for developing ATL skills as well as key concepts. Details of how we have mapped these six themes across the 18 books can be found in the IB PYP Lesson Plan.
Take a look at the Collection
A vibrant and varied set of 18 titles packed with highly illustrated, visually engaging and fact-filled pages, this DK PYP collection offers so many benefits for the IB classroom! Selected specificall...LevelsIB PYPEarly Years and Reception (EYFS)Year 1 (KS1)Year 2 (KS1)Year 3 (KS2)Year 4 (KS2)Year 5 (KS2)Year 6 (KS2)Year 7 (KS3)SubjectPSHE and CitizenshipHistoryGeographyScienceSEL (Social Emotional Learning)Environmental SciencesArtArtsPersonal, Social and Physical Education
Books included in the PYP Collection
PYP Lesson Plan
This free downloadable guide written in consultation with IB teachers and experts helps educators to make the best of the PYP Collection.
The activities are built around the six key learning opportunities found in non-fiction books:
- How to … books help students learn to follow a sequence of instructions
- Pictures and captions offer a visual depiction that helps us to remember information and captions add extra insight
- Table of contents and index are helpful when looking to find information on a specific topic
- Headings and subheadings help students focus on the main idea or subject
- Timelines give a visual overview of key events
- Special print and glossaries highlight important vocabulary
Download the free lesson plan below
International Baccalaureate pack for Primary Year ProgrammeLevelsKindergartenGrade 1Grade 2Grade 3Grade 4Grade 5IB PYPSubjectSocial StudiesHistoryScienceSEL (Social Emotional Learning)Environmental SciencesArtArtsPersonal, Social and Physical Education