Giveaway Terms & Conditions - DK Learning 1st Birthday Giveaway (UK)
1. The promoter is: Dorling Kindersley Limited (01177822) whose registered office is at One Embassy Gardens, 8 Viaduct Gardens, London, SW11 7BW
2. The prize draw is open to educators who are residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over, excluding employees of the Promoter and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation of the prize draw.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this prize draw.
4. By entering the prize draw, an entrant is indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. Route to entry to the prize draw is to like and comment on the post about the prize draw on DK Learning on Facebook or DKLearning on Instagram.
6. The entrant must be following DK Learning on Facebook or DKLearning on Instagram in order to enter.
7. Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified. Persons found to be entering via multiple Facebook or Instagram accounts will be disqualified.
8. Closing date for entry will be 26th May 2023 23.59 BST. After this date, no further entries will be considered.
9. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
10. The promoter reserves the right in exceptional circumstances to cancel or amend the prize draw and these terms and conditions without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
11. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied by any third party connected with this competition.
12. A prize draw will take place on 1st June 2023 and one winning entry will be chosen at random on 1st June 2023.
13. The prize for the winner is one hamper of edible treats of a value between £60-90, and one copy of each of the following books:
- Look I’m a Scientist
- DK Life Stories: Jane Goodall
- The Met Georgia O’Keeffe
- When I Grow Up - Great Leaders
- The Wonders of Nature
- DKfindout! Stone Age
- Timelines from Black History
- DK Super Readers Pre-Level Garden Friends
- DK Super Readers Level 1 Truck Trouble
- DK Super Readers Level 2 Stars and Galaxies
- DK Super Readers Level 3 Emperor Penguins
- DK Super Readers Level 4 Earthquakes and Other Natural Disasters
14. The prize is as stated and no cash or alternative will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice. The prize must be delivered to a UK school address.
15. Winners will be randomly selected by a third-party selection tool. We will also manually inspect the chosen account.
16. The winner may be required to prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age, residence, and identity.
17. Winners will be notified by direct message on Facebook or Instagram within 28 days of the closing date. The winner(s) will only ever be contacted by DKLearning on Instagram or DK Learning on Facebook. If the winner(s) cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 30 days of notification, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
18. The promoter will notify the winner(s) when and where the prize is delivered.
19. The promoter’s decision with respect to all matters to do with the prize draw will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. We will make the winner’s name and county available on request to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not want your name and county to be made available in the event that you win, please let us know by emailing email@example.com. Please note we are required to make the winner’s details available to the ASA if requested.
21. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Instagram or Facebook. You acknowledge that all information and material that you submit to enter this competition is submitted to the Promoter and not Instagram or Facebook and you agree that Instagram or Facebook shall not be liable to you in any way in respect of this competition.
23. The prize draw and these terms and conditions are governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.