Published by DK Children
Join two friendly and funny robots, Beep and Boots, as they learn all about time and discover that maths is everywhere they look.
Beep and Boots are looking forward to a day out at the zoo, especially getting to see their favourite animal - the giraffe. But they have to keep an eye on the time else they'll miss feeding time! It's all too easy to get distracted by lions, tigers, and tasty snacks - 15 minutes here, half an hour there! Pretty soon, Beep and Boots realise they might be late. Will they make it to the giraffe enclosure in time?
This fun and educational maths book for children features:
- A fun and engaging introduction to telling the time for children aged 5-7.
- Lively illustrations and rhyming text that brings the characters and maths topics to life.
- Key maths topics including shapes, time, measurements, division, and fractions - all essential learning for this age group.
- Illustrations that are in a non-gendered colour palette, making the traditionally male subject relatable for all genders.
- A relatable storyline for young readers, encouraging them to look for maths in their homes and environments, and seeing how, often without even knowing it, they use maths everyday.
Characterful illustrations and rhyming text bring Beep and Boots to life. Children aged 5-7 will love seeing the adventures the robot duo go on and will learn key mathematical concepts concerning time in a gentle, fun way, including telling the time and hours, minutes, and seconds. Questions at the end of the book reinforce learning and encourage kids to look at the maths they can see in the world around them.
At DK, we believe in the power of discovery.
So why stop there?
The Maths Adventurers series uses everyday scenarios to show how maths is all around us, making this difficult subject more accessible. If you loved The Maths Adventurers: A Day at the Zoo, then you'll love The Maths Adventurers: Chip and Christine Build a Friendship!
Related products and resources