Published by DK
Our Course Book (Level 2) is a great reference guide to introduce English for beginners including key language skills, grammar, and vocabulary.
Ideal for English test preparations or ESL lesson plans, the Course Book uses visual teaching methods to introduce the English language, reinforced through a variety of exercises and examples when used alongside our Practice Book (Level 2). Expand your conversational topics in Level 2 from explaining emotions, health, and routines, to discussing holidays and seasons, and telling stories in the past tense. Whilst continuing to improve your vocabulary and understanding of grammar and punctuation in this completely comprehensive introduction to practical English usage.
Whether you are looking for ESL teaching resources, or a structured programme for adults to learn English as a second language, the English for Everyone Course Books provide:
- Sample language examples: New language topics are introduced in context using clear, illustrated, and colour coded explanations
- Supporting audio: Extensive English-speaking audio materials integrated into every unit, giving vital oral and listening practice. (All supplementary audio is available on the DK English for Everyone website and IOS/Android App).
- Quick referencing: Easy-to-follow units, mirrored in both the Course and Practice Books for easy referencing and teaching
- Sentence formation guides: Visual break downs of English grammar in use, showing learners how to recreate even complex English sentences
- Visual English vocabulary cues: Lists of useful English words and common phrases with visual aids are available throughout the book
- Personalised learning: Write-on lines encourage ESL learners to write their own prompts and translations where needed to help customise English language learning
The English for Everyone Level 2 resources cover the skills and topics required for all major global English-language exams and reference frameworks including:
- CEFR: A2
- TOEFL (test paper): 250-340
- TOEFL (computer-based test): 30-60
- TOEFL (online test): 10-20
- IELTS: 2.5-3.5
- TOEIC: 200-500
English for Everyone is a series of guides and practice books that supports English learning for adults from a beginner level, to intermediate, and advanced practical English. Offering an easy-to-follow format that offers guidance for both teaching English as a foreign language, and a self-study approach with resources available to improve English speaking, reading and writing.
Related products and resources