Published by DK
It makes the world go round, but money can truly be an enigma.
DK's visual approach breaks new ground. In graphics, charts, and diagrams, How Money Works demystifies processes and answers the hundreds of financial questions we all have.
Money facilitates the billions of transactions that take place every day across the globe. Using 'need to know' boxes, step-by-step diagrams, and other eye-catching visuals, How Money Works shows you how this is possible. It explains economic theories, how governments raise and control money, what goes on in the stock exchange, how analysts predict where shares are heading, and many other issues. It busts jargon, explaining terms such as quantitative easing, cash flow, bonds, superannuation, and the open market.
This must-have guide to money further features:
- Key financial concepts in a uniquely visual way, using bold infographics combined with simple, jargon-free language.
- Genuinely comprehensive, covering every aspect of money - personal, business, and governmental.
- Defines hundreds of money-related terms, such as cash flow, bonds, superannuation, and the open market.
- Offers essential basic know-how on everything from managing debt to online fraud.
- Fully up-to-date, covering topics such as cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin, Litecoin, and others) and quantitative easing.
Includes localizable appendix of territory specific reference information.
Our forefathers may have used simple bartering to exchange goods and services, but today we depend on complicated financial instruments for pensions, life assurance, mortgages, and more. How Money Works explains how these work, as well as how to avoid on-line fraud and where to invest.
With information on the latest forms of funding and currencies such as Bitcoin, this comprehensive book will fast track you to financial literacy and getting the most from your hard-won cash.
Related products and resources